National Lutheran Schools Week Devotion.
Go to this link to put your picture:
Each of you will create a Google Doc. and Title it your name/ Devo./ 3/6/15
On this document you will write a paragraph about what service means to you. The National Lutheran Schools Theme comes from Mark 10:45 which says, “For the Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve, and give his life as a ransom for many”.
I want you to write a short paragraph about what this means to you, and how we can serve others. You must incorporate one Bible verse that talks about service.
1. Bible Gateway is a great tool, to find Bible verses that talk about Service.
2. We will also create a Google Presentation. Along with each of your paragraphs, you will include one picture, with your Bible verse up on the screen.
You will create a devotion. You will choose from one of the following topics below.
You devotion will be developed using Google Presentation. You will create a devotion on one of the topics above. You must include at least six Bible verses that talk about how we should handle your topic. Your Project will include:
- Slide 1 will have your name and your topic
- Slide 2-7 will include your 6 Bible verses. Each Bible verse will include an explanation in your own words of what each verse is saying. Each verse will have its own slide.
- Slide 8 will sum up the whole presentation. In your own words sum up what your Bible verses are saying.
- You will use some visual or audio technology to help tie your devotion home. This can be on slide 9 or you can bring a visual element to class.
- Slide 9 can include a song that applies to your topic. It can include a collage of pictures. IF you want to play or sing a song on a guitar or bring another visual tool to help demonstrate your topic you may.
You will have 4 class periods to work on this. Due on Thursday of Next week.
|Information: Do you have a good amount of written information about your topic.-did you follow the directions? -did you have accurate, appropriate info?- in your own words?||
|Presentation: Is your information presented in a way that would be considered “quality work”?- done on time? -nice and neat? -eye-catching?-pictures, graphics, etc? – colorful? -creative? -final draft quality?||
|Writing Quality: Is your information written with good quality?-capital Letters? -complete sentences?-correct spelling -punctuation
– has a “voice” (in own words, fits the mood, etc.)
Look here for great Bible Studies for youth. Also for articles on tough topics and questions that you might have. It is a great resource.
We will spend a little time in class looking at other religions. Here is a website that gives facts about different religions around the world.
A good online Bible.
I have not looked through all of these apps but here is a list of free Christian apps.